Building & Safety
- We are open from 7:30 to 10 am, Monday through Thursday with the following procedures:
- If you are submitting plans, we encourage you to use our Permit Center to submit electronically.
- Commercial inspections are proceeding with social distance protocols.
- Residential inspections are proceeding with social distance protocols. Some inspections will allowed to be performed with a virtual inspection via video, some inspections will be allowed to be performed via email and pictures and other inspections will be put on hold and performed at a later date when this pandemic clears.
Please contact us via email or phone if you have any questions.
Online Plan Check
We have a website to accept building plans electronically. Please go to our Online Plan Check page to read more about this service and what plans can be submitted. With this customer website, you can:
- Create an account
- Fill out an application
- Upload your PDF plans and supporting construction documents
Once we receive your application and PDFs, someone from City Hall will contact you with a plan check fee that you'll be able to pay over the phone with a credit card.
Note for Contractors
Contractors are required to have a City Business License, and any sub-contractor working on a project must have a City Business License as well. Please download the Sub-Contractor List Form (PDF) and keep a completed copy at the job site at all times. Projects will not be finalized by the City Building Inspector without this form.
Solar Photovoltaic Permit Process
Solar projects 10 kilowatts (kW) or less on one or two-family dwellings can now use our expedited plan check process. Please visit our Solar Photovoltaic Permits page for instructions on this process.
- Attached Patio Cover (PDF)
- Block Wall (PDF)
- Building Design Limitations (PDF)
- Building Material Weights (PDF)
- Common Wall Agreement (PDF)
- Detached Patio Cover (PDF)
- Electrical Load Calculations (PDF)
- Electrical Panel Upgrade (PDF)
- Fire Separation (PDF)
- Hardship for Disabled Access (PDF)
- Pipe Burial Depths (PDF)
- Pool Barrier (PDF)
- Pool Demolition (PDF)
- Recycling Centers List (DOC)
- Residential Electrical Requirements (PDF)
- Residential Electrical Vehicle Charging Stations (PDF)
- Residential Lighting Requirements (PDF)
- Residential Required Plans (PDF)
- Site Plan Sample (PDF)
- Tenant Improvement Checklist (PDF)
- Underground Gas Piping (PDF)
- Waste Management Plan Form (PDF)
- Water Heater (PDF)
- Window Change Outs (PDF)
- Wood Frame Construction (PDF)