COVID-19 Coronavirus Information
Effective March 13, 2020, as a precautionary measure to reduce the chance of community spread of COVID-19, the City of Los Alamitos is implementing temporary changes to City operations. These changes will be in place until further notice.
City of Los Alamitos Response
The City of Los Alamitos is dedicated to help businesses maneuver through these unprecedented times. The well-being of our business community remains our highest priority. Programs and initiatives that offer businesses owners economic relief our outlined on the COVID-19 Resources for Businesses Page.
- Reopening Plan (PDF) (6/18/2020)
- Bulky Item Pick-Up & E-Waste Collection Reinstated (PDF) (4/23/2020)
- Honoring Essential Workers as Shining Stars- The Red, White, Blue and YOU! (PDF) (4/7/2020)
- Virtual Community Center Updated Weekly with New Activities! (PDF) (4/6/2020)
- Free Groceries for Older Adults Distributed Weekly at Los Alamitos Community Center! (PDF) (4/2/2020)
- Online Building Plan Check Available (PDF) (4/1/2020)
- Further Action to Slow the Spread of COVID-19 (PDF) (3/26/2020)
- Bulky Item Pick-Up & E-Waste Collection Temporarily Suspended (PDF) (3/25/2020)
- Restaurants Open for Business (PDF) (3/19/2020)
- Temporary Suspension of Street Sweeping Parking Enforcement (PDF) (3/17/2020)
- Public Counter Services Closed to the Public (PDF) (3/13/20)
Proclamation of Local Emergency
- Press Release: Proclamation of local emergency due to COVID-19 (Coronavirus) (PDF) (3/13/2020)
- City Council Resolution 2020-07 Confirming Local Emergency (PDF) (3/16/2020)
- Director of Emergency Services Resolution 2020-06 Proclaiming Local Emergency (PDF) (3/16/2020)
County of Orange Response
For the latest information on the County's response to COVID-19, case counts, testing sites, and vaccination options, visit the Orange County Health Care website.
State of California Response
For the latest information on the State's response to COVID-19, case counts, testing sites, and vaccination options, visit the California for All website.
Other Useful Information (external links)
- COVID-19: How Grocers Are Meeting the Challenge
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention: Use Masks to Slow the Spread of COVID-19
- Governor Newsom Issues Executive Order to Protect Renters and Homeowners During COVID-19 Pandemic
- President Trumps Coronavirus Guidelines For America: 15 Days to Slow the Spread
- Governor Newsom’s Executive Order N-25-20 (3/12/2020)