Golden State Water Company
Golden State Water provides water service in the City of Los Alamitos.
The office is located at:
10852 Cherry Street
Los Alamitos, CA 90720-2444
Please visit the Golden State Water Company website for more information. For 24-hour customer service or emergency service, call 800-999-4033. For TTY hearing impaired, call 877-933-9533.
Notification of PFOS, PFOA & PFHxS Detection in Drinking Water
March 28, 2023
The West Orange County system provides drinking water to customers in Cypress, Los Alamitos, Stanton and portions of Garden Grove, La Palma, Rossmoor and Seal Beach. Water is supplied to the West Orange County system through groundwater and three inter-connections with the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California.
It is important to know that while the detection requires notification, the water delivered to customers in these communities continues to meet all quality and safety standards, which are established to protect public health.
The Southern California Gas Company has announced its plans to increase its rates next year!
March 13, 2023
SoCalGas is asking the Public Utilities Commission for permission to collect another $4.7 billion in revenue for 2024 through 2027.
WHAT ARE THE NEXT STEPS TOWARDS A PRICE INCREASE?
- In May, the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) will hold a proceeding to determine if SoCalGas' application for a price hike is warranted.
- This proceeding, which will also include public input, will determine the total amount SoCalGas is authorized to collect from customers in 2024-27.
- Rates are ultimately determined by the CPUC.
- If approved, the typical residential SoCalGas bill would rise by 13.2% a month, or $8.28, compared to 2023.
- However, these increases aim to cover fixed costs — the infrastructure that gets gas to your home — and not the cost of natural gas itself, which this winter has proven, can increase exponentially.
- The application also asks for additional increases through 2027.
WHAT CAN YOU DO?